Wednesday, June 12, 2024
Home » California Counties » Kings County

Kings County

Kings County is located in California’s Central Valley region. The seat of the county is at Hanford and like most counties in California, it generates much of its revenue from the agricultural industry. In the 2010 census, the county’s population was estimated at just slightly fewer than 153,000.

Kings County’s Marijuana Cultivation Law

Since November 2011, marijuana cultivation in Kings County has been regulated under a county law that effectively banned the growing of marijuana outdoors. As for indoor growing, Kings County residents are limited to the same “6 mature plants or 12 immature plants and 8 ounces of bud” rule that applies in many other California counties. The laws also stipulate that the indoor cultivation of marijuana be limited to secure structure with a lock. The grow area should also be fully enclosed.

Possession, Cultivation, and Sales of Marijuana in Kings County

Like all counties in California, Kings County is also subject to state laws that regard the possession of 28.5 grams of marijuana or less as a civil infractionKings County warranting only a $100 fine. In such cases, offenders will not be arrested. For cases of possession involving more than 28.5 grams, the offender may be imprisoned for up to six months, and be required to pay a $500 fine.

Kings County is also subject to California laws that govern the cultivation, processing, and sale of marijuana. As in many other counties, only medical marijuana patients and their caregivers are legally allowed to cultivate or process marijuana. Person not legally allowed to cultivate or process marijuana may be sentenced to a maximum of 16 months in prison if found guilty.

As for the sale of marijuana in Kings County, the California laws stipulate that only legal dispensaries are allowed to sell marijuana, with a few caveats. Sale should only be in limited amounts and only to individuals with the state issued marijuana ID card or caregivers of medical marijuana patients.

One comment

  1. I have the California State sales certificate and a grower and a commercial location, I also have a California State medication administration license. What might the limitations or availability for me to sell within Kong’s County, CA?

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Pin It on Pinterest